Second call for papers -- deadline extended!
Call for tutorial proposals
2011 IEEE Conference on Computational Intelligence and Games
South Korea, August 31-September 3, 2011
Games have proven to be an ideal domain for the study of computational intelligence as not only are they fun to play and interesting to observe, but they provide competitive and dynamic environments that model many real-world problems. Additionally, methods from computational intelligence promise to have a big impact on game technology and development, assisting designers and developers and enabling new types of computer games.
The 2011 IEEE Conference on Computational Intelligence and Games brings together leading researchers and practitioners from academia and industry to discuss recent advances and explore future directions in this quickly moving field.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Learning in games
* Coevolution in games
* Neural-based approaches for games
* Fuzzy-based approaches for games
* Player/Opponent modeling in games
* CI/AI-based game design
* Multi-agent and multi-strategy learning
* Applications of game theory
* CI for Player Affective Modeling
* Intelligent Interactive Narrative
* Imperfect information and non-deterministic games
* Player satisfaction and experience in games
* Theoretical or empirical analysis of CI techniques for games
* Comparative studies and game-based benchmarking
* Computational and artificial intelligence in:
o Video games
o Board and card games
o Economic or mathematical games
o Serious games
o Augmented and mixed-reality games
o Games for mobile platforms
The conference will consist of a single track of oral presentations, tutorial and workshop/special sessions, and live competitions. The proceedings will be placed in IEEE Xplore, and made freely available on the conference website after the conference.
Tutorial and special session proposal deadline: March 15, 2011
Paper submission deadline: March 30, 2011 -- extended!
Decision notification: May 15, 2011
Camera-ready submission: June 15, 2011
Conference dates: August 31-September 3, 2011
General Chair : Sung-Bae Cho
Program Co-Chairs: Simon Lucas and Phllip Hingston
Competitions Chair: Julian Togelius
Publicity Chair: Clare Bates Congdon
Proceedings Chair: Mike Preuss
Tutorials and special sessions chair: Georgios Yannakakis
Local Chairs: Kyung-Joong Kim, Kyu-Baek Hwang, Eun-Youn Kim